Sunday, February 20, 2011

Who's Hank

      Just another weekend with not a whole lot going on. I thought about hitting the Bluebird on Friday with some guys from work to see the band, Here Come The Mummies but for $21 I decided otherwise. Really $21? They're good but come on, it wasn't even fifteen cent beer night. Saturday the Bluebird had another good show going on but I was feeling pretty tired so I stayed in and got all my homework done and relaxed. It was kind of nice because my brother went to visit some friends out of town so it was just the pup and I. I also went over to Clayton and Caroline's and got some good work done on my bikes in preparation for this upcoming weekend races down in Kentucky.
      Back to the title of this post. I've had a lot of people inquire about how in the hell I acquired the nickname Hank? The answer: I honestly don't know the exact origin but I'm pretty sure when I first started with The Cutters our coach, Jim Kirkham was asking some general background information and we stumbled upon the topic of baseball. Playing baseball at Manchester College before trasferring to IU and he suddenly chimeed in, "Oh like Hammering Hank huh?" Of course the nickname master himself, Clayton Feldman, jumped all over this opportunity and the name Hank just stuck really really well! It is somewhat ridiculous how well it stuck because there are definitely times when I don't really answer to Zack. My mailbox at work even reads Hank, go figure. There was definitely a point when I would go to girlfriend's parents house and question whether they even knew what my real name was...haha. I don't mind and its funny. I've actually signed a check before Hank that was suppose to be sent to Duke Energy for our electric bill so obviously that one got shredded. Hopefully one day when I'm older I will con some lady to have children with me and (fingers crossed) have at least one boy and name him Hank. I feel like I owe it to the world. Besides the name Hank means business; maybe a little hickish but it jumps out at you as someone who knows what they want and when they want it. When you look up the true meaning behind the name Hank one finds Hank: the ruler of an estate or 'ruler of the household'. Boom bitch! Would you want to mess with a good ole boy named Hank? I wouldn't. So that's the origin of Hank: The Man, The Myth, and most importantly The Legend.

                                                                    Big Magnum

No comments:

Post a Comment