Monday, February 7, 2011

Mother Nature take Note

     The last few days here in Bloomington have been completely ridiculous in terms of weather cooperating with my schedule. Ice storms followed by more snowfall is just uncalled for. I heard on the radio a week or two ago that the Bloomington area has already received approximately 6-7 inches of snow over the average for the entire winter season: and there's still somewhere around 50 days left before spring...shattered! Speaking of averages: weather.com reports that the average high around this time of year calls for 40+ degrees and looking at the 10 day forecast I'm calling bullshit.
     Why do I care about the weather so much you ask? This week is suppose to mark the grand opening of the best time of the year: Little 500 track season! To the dismay of everyone involved its not looking very promising that anyone is going to get any facetime on the cinders this week. Bad? Good? Not really sure how I feel about it really. I mean it would be nice to get our rookies out there and I would love to get out there as well considering its been about 9 or 10 months since throwing down a hot lap (35-40 seconds don't be hating) but I'm confident in our rookies and missing track time is just hampering other teams more than ours I'd like to believe so we'll play the cards we've been dealt.
     In other news I had an exercise physiology exam today and did fairly well I think then hit the SRC for a little weights. I absolutely love going to the SRC to lift: nice-looking ladies to gaze at trying to get fit for spring break, occasionally some friends that I run into and chat with, but my all-time favorite: the steroid monkeys that do bicep curls the entire time! Oh yeah I almost forgot another characteristic that fulfills the stereotype that I find interesting: carrying around your muscle milk shaker or even better a milk-jug full of water. Let's be honest with ourselves are you so thirsty that you need an entire gallon of water or think that drinking your whey protein is going to help you move up from the 95 lb dumbbell to the 100 pounder? I doubt it but regardless to all you assholes with the huge biceps and baby legs: work some lower body exercises into your routine because you look like a joke! Not too mention other physiological changes that are specific to men that shall remain unmentioned should stack up nicely next to those big arms of yours! I could go on forever about these guys but I've got a couple lab reports to write and have to go fetch some groceries so have a wonderful days everyone; I'm sure better weather is heading our way soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment