Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Post

     After school, rides, and other shananigens I often times find myself surfing the web and reading a few blog posts from friends and finally I decided I would start my own. It's funny when you read people's blog entries you often wonder why the hell they wrote about the things they did but when prompted to start my own I know exactly why. It's somewhat like a glorified Twitter account, even though I don't have one of those either. Anyways back to a little about myself at the current stage of my life. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple graduate schools and then from there a huge decision awaits as to where I'll be spending the next couple years of my life. Somewhat hard to believe I'll be leaving the oasis of Bloomington because it's such an unbelieveable city with so much to offer but it is what it is. Other than that my life is pretty routine in nature: I wake up, eat some breakfast, waste some time on my computer, shower, shave my legs from time to time (yes I shave my legs because its sweet), go to class, ride my bike, homework, sleep, repeat. Sounds kind of boring I'm sure but its what I do and I wouldn't change a thing!
     Why I really started this blog was to throw out what the team and I are generally doing out on the cycling scene. Like I mention in my profile, if I set it up right, was I ride in Indiana University's Little 500 for The Cutters. This year is my final year and it seems as though I am somewhat getting the hang of this riding thing a little bit...well atleast enough to somewhat point my boys in the right direction. I myself am a mediocre rider but I work hard and have fun doing it so might as well live a little before I leave this Earth. The team  is looking pretty strong this year: we've got 4 rookies and 3 vetrans on the squad this year. Somewhat of a mixed bunch considering backgrounds but we make it work and funny enough things are starting to come together. The weather has really sucked as of late with snow and ice storms but we've been getting in some quality indoor training in. I would post on here the details but I wouldn't want to let anyone in on our secret training plan. Actually there's no secret to Little 5 other than passion and for that regard it can be applied to life as well. Our coaches preach this and throughout one's life it seems as though it always finds its way into some memorable speech or whatnot but its true: live life with a passion and your days with be filled will so much more enjoyment. Enough with the preaching because I've got to study for an Exercise Physiology exam I've got tomorrow so I'll leave you with a cool youtube video that a riding buddy of mine (Aaron Pilling) sent me about a guy who was diagnosed with ALS and his devotion to not get in his way! Passion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrEUyIiApus

1 comment:

  1. secret training plan = lotssssssss of HGH and EPO. i heard that was the secret.

    ReplyDelete