Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Open track

    I was a little disappointed at the outcome of the track this afternoon. It's the first day that everyone was allowed on and many teams were not there. I would have bet money that today was going to be one of the biggest days where half the teams come out tapered and ready to show off. Guess I was wrong. It's nice to see a lot of familiar faces out there throwing their bikes around and I've been pleased by the progress of our team over the past couple weeks heading into track season. Exchanges don't look half bad, everyone is working themselves into the pack well, and most of all we're back on the track. It's funny at how hard sets are on the track in comparison to a road race where you can pretty much sit in and hide. While you can still set up camp behind someone on the track it truly is harder to constantly be spinning. Guess its a good thing we've been doing plenty of rollers.
    Another thing that I wanted to express was how shitty of a turnout we had from Rider's Council members during Rookie Week. On average there was usually 3-4 guys per practice which is downright ridiculous. I know I missed a day because of a funeral but sure as shit you know these guys will find a way around class to attend regular track practice. If you were chosen to represent Little 500 then live up to your expectations. I thought we had a pretty good group of guys but supposedly I was wrong and this definitely rubs me the wrong way. Don't expect to get a wheel from me anytime because you won't get it and if you try and take it I will slam my bike into yours and you will eat cinders. I don't give a flying fuck who you are or what team you ride for because that's disrespectful to Pam, IUSF, the rookies, those who actually went and put work into the schedule, etc. and those not chosen to represent this group for not pulling your own weight.
    Maybe a little harsh in the above paragraph but I don't go for bullshit like that and I'm all about respect and somewhat karma. When you can't show up to something that is suppose to be mandatory you need to call or at least try to inform others. So when you are completing sets out there and wearing your Rider's Council jacket proudly don't come expecting a free ride from me because it won't be there. (There are a few individuals that actually had the decency to inform others of absence and that showed up with regularity)

No comments:

Post a Comment