Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rookie Week!

     Waking up this morning was rough. It seemed to be a little extra frosty within the friendly confines of my bed and some muscle soreness definitely didn't make me feel any younger. Walking through campus this morning for a brief 5 minutes I feel my nose freezing together and a great burning sensation in my ears because naturally I would wear a baseball cap instead of the preferred stocking one. Motor learning lab is always a blast where I never learn a thing and constantly complain to my lab partner but my social psych class afterwards got cancelled so back home I went!
    Low and behold a few hours later I make the trek to Bill Armstrong Stadium for the official start of Rookie Week 2K11. Holy Rookies; everywhere! 46 teams registered for this year men's race. So that means if my calculations are right 92 riders + 9 Rider's Council members are eligible to be riding on the track at one time? Over 100 people on the track at one time; that's downright ridiculous this season is going to be insane! This is great for Little 5 though and I'm not complaining, well at least not yet. I'll save that for when they start getting in the way. Props to Jordan Bailey for putting together the rookie test. There were so tough questions on there and word on the street is that our very own race director, Pam Loebig, even missed 3 questions...so with that being said maybe we won't have 100+ people on the track...

No comments:

Post a Comment