Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rest Week

     There's just something about a rest week that makes ya feel good inside, literally. Normally during these scheduled breaks, in years past, I always found myself getting sick. Always wondering why I finally came to the conclusion that it was due to the fact that my body went from going a hundred miles and hour all the time everyday to nearly nothing for a straight week. This fluctuation threw everything inside me haywire. Of course I was a tad more tired back when I first starting cycling with the team and when I say tad I literally mean it was hard to get over the pain in my legs every morning! I used to wake up every morning, yes every morning, and my hamstrings would be screaming because they were so tight. Looking back on it now its somewhat funny how awfully terrible my flexibility was.  Strangely enough though I've followed up a few years of training and really understood the importance of stretching and how beneficial it is to not only cycling but everyday health. Should have listen to my old man a long time ago I guess, haha thanks Dad but you still don't know shit about most topics! Speaking of Big Al, that old bitch turned 48 at the end of January so Happy Birthday. Hopefully to shoot home next weekend so he can take me out to eat or something in celebration of his birthday; yet another perk of being a broke college student!
      Rookie week continued with some race tape viewing but tomorrow the track is open for some exchange fundamentals so that should be a good laugh. Today I got in a nice little roller ride with Hazelbear and Samwise followed by some light lifting at the HPER. Nothing spectacular but have to stay loose and keep the blood flowing a bit. Ran into a bunch of the DG girls on my way out and one was especially ecstatic about "climbing" Beanblossom hill yesterday during her cyclefit class and thinks she's ready for a ride with the Cutters. Liz I'm glad you're on board the Cutters train; now just get the rest of the 120 girls in your house to agree to "Pair" with the Cutters for Little 5 and we'll be grand! That would piss some people off wouldn't it? Ha.

Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.
Marcia Wieder

1 comment:

  1. [Dad here] Hey punk ass... Just for the record I turned 47 not 48 and still can kick your non-flexible ass on the roads. Looking forward to having dinner together when you come back home. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete