Thursday, April 28, 2011

One Final Party

Last night Lyle F, owner of Scholars Inn and the two Bakehouses here in town invited the top two teams up to the restaurant for a night of reflection and celebration. What a great time! Lyle is an awesome guy and its hard to come by someone as passionate about cycling as him. Hosting the two teams for dinner was a true pleasure and it was nice to hang out with the Phi Delt guys over a few drinks and dinner. Lyle being the party animal and great host that he is probably dished out one too many drinks but I guess you'll have that. It's always nice to relax and celebrate with friends, teammates, coaches, whoever it may be and it's even better when there's an open bar and New York Strip Steak involved. Mine was delicious! Not eating steak on the regular like at home really makes you appreciate a nice dinner.

As we were packing up to leave and saying our farewells Fowler said that this could possibly be the last time the race team from 2011 was all together and to take a look around and reflect on the memories of the year. I know this seems to be a reoccurring theme in my posts but this god damn bike team has been my life for the last 3 years so it's weird to think of things like that...

Finals are quickly approaching and I can sense the bittersweet ending drawing closer and closer with every passing day. Although I'll be in Bloomington for at least part of the upcoming summer its hard to imagine leaving this town. As of now I don't know where exactly I'll be heading as graduate school classes have seemed to fill up rather quickly so I guess only time will tell. Until then good luck on finals to my fellow classmates and let's take Bloomington for everything its worth the next couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment