Sunday, May 8, 2011

Goodbye Indiana University

Walking out of my last final was absolutely surreal this afternoon. I knew it was coming but at the same time after you turn in that last exam and walk down the hollowed halls and finally progress outside of the building it hits you. It was a beautiful day in Bloomington this afternoon so upon completion of my final undergraduate endeavor I strolled to work nice and slow and took in the sights, the weather, and the smells of springs. 4 years here in Bloomington have shaped my life in ways that I will never be able to tell and I'm glad I will be here for another month or so to grant Bloomington the proper goodbye. When I was walking to work today its funny of the things I thought of that suddenly come rushing into your mind. Things such as how many times I've walked down this sidewalk, or the number of visits to the union to print off notes for class. 4 years seems like such a long time but when I look back on it I can remember many days back when I was sitting in my room at Manchester College with the big decision of whether or not to transfer to IU. Talking with family friends and finally convinced by my good friend Blosser to go look for apartments I made the choice that when I think about it more was probably the best decision I've made or probably will make.

The actual commencement ceremony was pretty cool. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it being that there was going to be so many graduates but it was nice. I think the best speech of the day was giving by a fellow graduate, very professional and light-hearted at the same time.

Partying with the McFall's at Nick's English Hut was a blast on Friday night as well. I'm really going to miss that family a lot come college football season and not being able to go to their amazing tailgates. Truly an incredible family and I owe it all to my good friend Alex.

Indiana University it's been a great 4 years; undoubtedly the best thus far in my life and I highly doubt any will top them! So many memories are swirling around my head that it seems impossible that there was enough time in that 4 years to accomplish all of them.

The old man and I prior to the ceremony

It only took 5 years but I've finished. All of that for that little red folder!

Just want to throw out a big thank you to anyone that has supported me over the years to make this dream possible. My family, friends, teammates, coaches, coworkers, and many others. Couldn't have done it without all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment