Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kentucky

Headed down to Kentucky with a slew of scholars inn riders to Frankfort, KY yesterday in the morning. To my surprise the team worked really well together controlling the pack and chasing down moves. Seeing as it was my first race of the year I was a little unsure as to how the legs were going to hold out but it ended up alright. I think SIB took 3,5,8,13,19...with a few more threw in there as well so pretty good showing especially for a first year team. Kevin went off the front with about four to go and when he did I was sitting about ninth wheel and he sort of just slides away. Before I knew it he had a pretty decent gap and I thought oh shit I better get to the front and try and slow this honky down so he can solo away. Did a halfway decent job of slowing it down with the help of patch giving a little guidance sitting second wheel. I told him I'd lead him out but wanted to keep the pack off Kevin took first priority...Kevin ended up third as that last half lap got stupid fast and I got swarmed by a slew of people able to hold on for 13th. Overall good day for scholars inn team though and even the announcer was giving us a lot of credit in not only the 3's race but all other categories as well. Give it another go today in Richmond.

No comments:

Post a Comment