Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Wait

On the eve of the eve of the race I can't really say that I'm nervous surprisingly. Being my third race i feel somewhat of a veteran to the event but the greatest thing about this bike race is that you can never come close to predicting what will happen. I know once the stadium starts filling up with rowdy fans the adrenaline will start pumping but right now I'm nice and chill and living in the moment!

Tonight we had a basic team meeting to talk about the race, and the time leading up to it logistically. At the end Fowler opened it up to Eric and I to say anything that we had on our minds and for one time in my life I froze; unsure of what to say. Honestly he put it in such a way I was fighting to hold back tears because 1) I didn't want to look like a bitch in front of the guys but more importantly 2) this silly little race had shaped my life in so many ways possible that's its hard to believe that in less than 48 hours I'm done...something I've poured my heart and soul into for 3 entire years completely finished.

Last go around out on the cinders. What impact will I leave on the race this year? That's the looming question. Each person on this team must leave nothing behind and attack every single lap like it's their last one they may ever ride. I know they will without a doubt but to say that I won't have the little extra motivation this Saturday I'd be lying. This race is mine and no one is going to stand in my way of making memories out there one last time. Only hours away now as time is tinkering away one pedalstroke at a time.

Go Cutters!
                       Pitboard 2011. Coming out of the #2 position: The Cutters!

No comments:

Post a Comment