Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Break

Well Spring Break is upon us that attend Indiana University and while most venture to warmer climates or back home I will be here in Bloomington riding my bike. And I'm pretty pumped up about it as weird as that may seem to others. Moving into our lake resort tomorrow morning after team breakfast and I'm pulling seniority this year and get a bed! NO more air mattresses and couches for this guy.

Friday night a few of us rolled out of town in search in Louisville, KY to dabble in a little racing. Stayed at a teammates house and it was nice to have a sweet dinner and place to crash for the night to save a little mulah. The course was situated in a little state park on a 1.8 mile circuit. Nice rolling hills circling around a lake/glorified pond but it was super windy! Everyone I went to race with did pretty well but I had a less than spectacular weekend to say the least. I don't really know why but my legs just were not there at all. I know its been a busy last couple of weeks training for Little 5 but my god my legs literally just blew apart. It was pretty frustrating to see guys that I know aren't near the quality of rider as myself simply ride me off their wheels and I had nothing to counter with. Mentally and physically I was drained. Hoping this week goes a bit better and a get a little chance to recover before quals, etc. start coming around in the next couple weeks or I'm going to be a joke out there on the track...

Spring Break 2011; College is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment