Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bucket List

Received an email today from my cycling coach and the subject was concerning a lifelong dream of his of attending the Tour of Flanders over across the pond in Belgium. For those of you who don't know this race is revered as one of the true "Spring Classics" filled with cobblestones and other cycling obstacles that most races do not have. The problem for him is that he has to miss both Individual Time Trials and Miss'n'Out competitions for Little 5. I know he is very torn but when opportunities like this arise one must take them! How cool would it be to be able to ride the course and view the race the following day all as a part of work? This email somewhat brought to my attention a few things that I would put on my "Bucket List" that I'd like to do as I venture into new stages of my life. I won't go into crazy detail but a few that I would like to accomplish are as follows...

1.) Travel to Alaska and indulge in anything and everything outdoors during the summer months. Fly fishing, hiking, canoe down rivers, and whatever else is unique to the area.


2.) Go to the Olympics. Preferably the summer games but the winter games would be pretty sweet as well. These are the absolute best athletes in the world and to watch them compete against one another would be a great spectacle to see.

3.) Raise kids. Kids that enjoy life and people respect and like to surround themselves with their presence.

4.) Write a book. It may suck but I think thus far I've lived a pretty cool life and hope to keep the current trend going so by the time I'm 50 I should have some decent material.

5.) Complete an Ironman. The ultimate test of endurance and mental toughness. Not trying to break any records but I'd like to push myself decently hard and post a good time. Hopefully I can complete this dream this upcoming summer before heading off to graduate school (hopefully I get in!)


Looking forward to heading out to the cabin for Spring Break. It's nice to get away especially to such a nice, relaxing place in the woods. So quiet and peaceful and an awesome way to recover after trashing the legs all day while riding. Nothing to do but ride, read some books, and enjoy some bonding with the Cutters. I'll take that spring break trip over any drinking binge on a random beach. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment