Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fueling the Fire

The IDS printed a story today about how The Cutters are responding to the alleged cheating scandal of current rider Eric Young. To put it plainly here's how I'm responding: "Quit being pussies!" IDS news article

Of course this fueled much discussion all of which seems to be directed toward the Cutters hate mail bin; God knows there's plenty of that. With this being said though there's only one thing to do with so much hate-mail and that's to burn it. I think I speak for my teammates as well as myself when I say that all this press and confrontation is doing nothing but fueling the fire. If only these teams would spend have the amount of time training as they do bitching and moaning on the Internet maybe someone other than the Cutters would have won this decade and none of this would be in discussion. I know this is a totally different year and we've won absolutely nothing this year but we've been putting the final pieces of the puzzle together over Spring Break, recovery weeks, and the next 3 weeks prior to race day and are close to being ready to give this year's race everything we've got. Win, lose, or draw the only determining factor of who's the better team that day is who's hoisting the trophy at the end and hopefully I can do this one more time.

This coming Saturday we will be competing in qualifications at 8:20 am. Early start to the day but we're happy with the time that was delegated to us and I think we are ready to leave it out there on the track and give the critics even more to complain about. Bill Armstrong Stadium. 8:20 AM. Be there to witness the start of something great!

These kids are happy to compete... the subtle joys of qualifications I suppose

No comments:

Post a Comment