Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Next Stage

This last week was big; in fact it was huge in terms of my future. Only weeks prior have I decided that my chances at attending graduate school this year were slim at best and I was losing faith. I decided that my best career choice during my year off would be to study for the board examination to become a personal trainer and work at a gym that I used to work out at in the summers of high school. So I ordered some study materials and started the process. Finishing up at work I headed home to study a bit before going riding later in the day with a few friends. I really wasn't feeling the whole studying process and a bit tired so I decided to take a little nap; go figure! I easily passed out within 5 minutes and low and behold was woken up by my obnoxious ring tone only 30 minutes into my nap. Now if you know my sleeping habits at all you know exactly how hard it is to wake me up so the fact that the phone ringing woke me up is a miracle in itself. I rolled over and grabbed my phone and didn't recognize the number. I throw my phone back on my nightstand and was just going to ignore the call being the screen er that I am. For some reason that I still don't know myself I reached for the phone again and answered. It was a sweet lady on the other side and I immediately thought it was one of the Red Cross people calling again asking, or better yet, begging for me to give blood even though I've repeatedly asked to be taken off the list. (Note: I support giving blood but while training for bike racing its a terrible idea that I found out the bad way) Then she introduced herself as Dixie Scott and the lights went off in my head because I recognized that name from my interview about a month ago for grad school. "Zachary, I've got some news that may be of interest. We'd like to offer you admission into the Doctoral Physical Therapy program here at Andrews University." I about hit the ceiling with excitement!
   
Now that I've got a plan in place for the final stage in my journey toward becoming a real adult I feel like my life is finally taking shape in the direction it was suppose to go. To say I wasn't worried before this phone call would be a drastic understatement. For now just trying to figure out some financials as I see lots of dollars accumulating in the red (debtcity) and enjoying the last month here in Bloomington before I leave this great town back to the grassroots before starting class on August 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment