Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back at It

It's been a while since I've blogged or for that matter done much of anything. To put it simply, riding and exercise in general has taken a back seat the last few weeks to the finer things in life: eating fast food, hanging out with buddies, going to the bars, and hanging out with a lady. The point at which I really realized that I was horribly out of shape was when Pilling somehow talked me into competing in the Hummel Park circuit race a few weeks ago on my way home to see me baby sister graduate. Needless to say I lasted about 6 laps and that's putting it generously. I felt like death right from the start and wasn't too surprised to find that my Little 5 fitness was completely gone. Instead of getting back on the bike and doing something about it I kept the downward spiral going with the exception of a few quick runs with Caitlin and running in the Sunburst 5k back at home. That really sucked too! I finished right at 20:00 which I was pretty happy about since I've ran about 5 times in the last 3 years. Caitlin actually won the overall women's title for the 5k as her and my old man battled it out to the end with her edging out the personal victory over Big Al by mere seconds.

After riding a quick and easy ride to shake the legs back into form on Monday and see if I still remembered how to clip in and such I decided to test the waters in the Forest Time Trial. Ouch! I was actually pretty satisfied with my time (24:34) due to the severe lack of riding. Riding is making it's way back into the regular daily schedule and I also plan on jumping into a few races before the finale being the Scholars Inn Cycling Festival here in Bloomington.

Promise I'll keep this thing updated a bit more...until then keep fighting the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment