Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer Semester

Today was full of great things and not so great things. It was the official first day of classes starting my second year of PT school so that's somewhat exciting to think I've already completed a year. Classes seem like they will be fairly interesting this semester; dry, but none the less interesting. Neurology I with lab, Therapeutic Exercise with lab, and Pathophysiology II. We'll see how they turn out.

So I've decided that I've spent far too much time off and away from the bike. I was getting the itch to get back on the horse and pound out some miles around the time Little 5 was ending and still riding the high off that weekend but that was right when school decided to get all crazy. Excuses aside I had to put the priorities where they lie and ended the semester with a 3.68 bringing my cum to 3.5 so I'm happy. Considering many of my fellow peers spend countless hours studying to my mediocre amount I'm satisfied and feel like I'm learning a ton while still maintaining my sanity somewhat. So this summer and having only 5 classes instead of 9 I sat down and figured out how much time, and money, that could be saved from me riding to class. I found a decent route taking me through the winding roads of southwest Michigan ("Pure Michigan" as they say in commercials...) that comes out to be 28 miles in length so nothing unbearable by any means. With this means of transpo it always saves roughly $9.37 in gas per day. It's actually quite ridiculous.

I've ridden twice to school thus far and while sitting at lunch today cruising the Internet and feeling surly I decided to renew my racing license. Thinking that this is probably the last summer that I'll be able to actually race competitively I figured I'd jump in a few of the local races. What the heck. The first one will be this coming Saturday at the Fat/Skinny Tire Festival in Warsaw, IN. It's a 45 mile long road race but I'm a little leery only having ridden about 200 miles all spring. Should make for an interesting Saturday afternoon to say the least and I'll be taking the same approach the Delts do every year to Little 5: Suck wheels and hope to make it til the end. Maybe the finish will turn out like theirs did this year.

Not much else going on in this neck of the woods. I've got a little poison ivy on my wrist and ankle from mowing down the forest at grandpa's house but other than that things are just peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment