Friday, August 26, 2011

Worn Out

    As most of you probably know I started my Doctor of Physical Therapy degree quest at Andrews University this week. I knew going into the program the high expectations, excellence within the program, etc. etc. and boy did they really hammer it home this week to our class! Taking 18 credit hours at any institutional level is impressive in my mind but the degree of difficulty has definitely stepped it up a notch. The sheer volume of material that I learned, or should I say was suppose to learn this week is appalling. Honestly having class from 8-530 everyday is tiresome. Then on top of that you have anywhere from 5-10 chapters to read for various classes per week. Included in that is studying for pop quizes, trying to keep yourself sane by doing something you enjoy, but other than that absolutely nothing. The dean of the school said on the first day of class, "Kiss your social life goodbye." Sadly he was right. When I leave class at the end of the day I'm just mentally drained and need to unwind so i joined a gym in south bend and finally got back in the water. Ideally I'd rather be outside riding but let's face it 2 hour rides everyday are not going to bode with with my schedule so at the gym this week I've just been swimming and a little work on the concept 2 rowing machine. Next week I'll throw in some interval work on a bike just to give me an excuse to keep shaving my legs. Also piggybacking that is the fact that the hilly hundred is looming in the distance a little more than a month away. Have to train appropriately to hit my peak heading into that weekend.
     Well that's about all that anyone is going to read on this thing for the next 3 years: me bitching about school and possibly the 40 minute one-way commute up there. Feel free to send me any cool Cd's they'd be appreciated. Not only are my week trashed but now my weekends will be devoted to digesting all the material and sifting through it distinguishing what's worth studying for practical exams. Yay.

1 comment:

  1. you're gonna be a doctor!!! a few years of hard work, a lifetime of enjoyable work, good pay, and your very own sense of accomplishment. keep it rolling buddy. You have more in you than you know!!

    ReplyDelete