Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Time

With the summer semester almost 50% completed and my first clinical looming in the distant months I'm trying to enjoy the summer for what its worth. And to be quite honest it isn't much. It's hard to find time away from school to hang out with friends and do the things I once had back when I was younger with buddies. Growing up sucks! Is it really so much to ask to go camping or fishing on a weekend without having to read 900 pages and studying for quizzes and exams?

For my practicum I unfortunately got placed in Lansing, MI which was less than ideal but none the less I'm still excited to get out of the classroom and get my hands wet in the clinic. The whole reason that I was drawn to PT was because the interaction that I'll be able to have with patients and now I'll get my chance to let my charming self go to work to promote better living and get people back to functioning properly.

Been trying my best to get in rides whenever possible and have ridden to school a hand full of times and with the upcoming hometown races in south bend I may be pulling a Brett Favre and coming out of retirement again. I wanted to also race in the Bloomington crit coming up in a few weeks but the fitness simply isn't there from lack of riding and also the steep entry fees with no return in prize money. These promoters are making a killing during these race weekends. I think I missed my real calling if I was a money hungry bitch. Bloomington always draws tons of racers and at $40 a pop with only 400 being paid out the the top 5? Come on now...

Other than school I've just been mowing and cutting a new path to the lake at Grandpa's house. Cutting down trees with chainsaws is always enjoyable once you get passed the fact that you're bound to get poison ivy and have ticks crawling all over you after departure from the woods. Almost done with that job though and then on to the next one. I've got to get in touch with my student loan rep here soon too to further sign my life away. Shit.

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. ~Sam Keen

No comments:

Post a Comment